Founded by Brian Duppa, Bishop of Chichester, in 1660 and endowed by the gift of a farm at Shepperton. The almshouses were originally built at Friars Stile Lane. After the Restoration, Brian Duppa became the Bishop of Winchester.
Bishop Duppa’s Almshouses are located in central Richmond in The Vineyard and comprise 10 one-bedroom almshouses. Our Scheme Manager Linda Prendergast and Deputy Scheme Manager Jo Davison look after Bishop Duppa’s and its residents.