79 Amyand Park Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 3HJ
Candler Almshouses are located in Amyand Park Road, Twickenham, midway between St. Margaret's and Twickenham stations. Originally the parish managed almshouses in School Alley off The Embankment, Twickenham. In 1876 Elizabeth Twining, of the tea family who lived nearby in Dial House, Riverside, restored the buildings. Those almshouses were replaced in 1936 by five new buildings in Amyand Park Road, with the addition of five more at the same time to fulfil the bequest of William Candler who died in 1907. The terrace of one-storey almshouses is shaped into a crescent.
Many years ago, the parish church in Twickenham administered a large number of welfare charities which were eventually brought together into the United Charities which supported the Candler Almshouses. Twickenham United Charities merged with Richmond Charities' Almshouses on 17 December 2008.