The 11 organisations selected for funding in 2020 are as follows:
Through these 11 organisations, people in need who are living in the borough can apply for a grant of up to £250. Listed below are the criteria for grants to be awarded:
- Grants must be awarded to people in need, hardship or distress who cannot afford the cost of the item themselves either from their income or from any savings that they have.
- Grants must be awarded to people living in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and ideally to those who have been living in the borough for at least 2 years.
- Organisations must ensure that the client has applied for and received a Local Assistance Grant if they are eligible before awarding them a grant from The Richmond Charities.
- Grants cannot be made to any individual more than once.
- Grants can be awarded up to a maximum of £250, though in exceptional circumstances a higher grant can be awarded.
- Grants must be awarded for things which are in the list below of approved items. Grants must not be awarded for things which are in the list below of non-approved items.
Things we do fund:
- White goods
- General household items
- Food and basic amenities / basic living expenses
e.g. whilst benefits have been suspended
- Bedding / furnishings / curtains
- Travel expenses e.g. to hospital appts
- Utility bills and arrears
- Rent arrears
- Council Tax arrears
- Clearing debts
- Debt relief orders
- Bankruptcy fee
- Respite for carers
- Vocational training / help to get back into work / equipment for new job (e.g. PAT course, Skilled Worker test)
- Cost of convalescent care
- Mobility aids
- Specialist equipment
- Ipad/tablets/computers for those otherwise isolated and cut off
- Deep clean / help with hoarding issues
- Removal costs
- Your text...
If you are in need of a grant and think you meet the criteria above, you can contact one of the 11 organisations directly to ask if they are able to award you a grant.